Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mental Health Day

Yes I cannot believe that I did it, but I did not send my daughter to school today but to be honest I am so fed-up and frustrated with her school I feel as though I could give her more at home than she gets at school (and the sad thing is the money we have spent to send her to this school!). If she didn't have just 13 more days left (YES we are counting down the days till summer vacation!!) we would pull her out and I would home school her for the remainder of the school year. We have already picked out another school for next school year, just hoping and praying it is better than where she was this past year, if not I will be home schooling! It's a battle every morning to get her up and it use to not be that way really just the last couple of months has it gotten to be that way. I want my kids to love school and she is too young to already dread going to school. Both kiddos are off from school tomorrow due to Oaks Day, so we just extended her weekend and had a fun day together. We went to the park this morning and had a great time playing and swinging, as well as going on a nature walk- LOVE the smell of honeysuckle:) Then this afternoon we did some "school" type activities, writing, math, reading etc.. I have loved my day today and in a way wish I felt more confident about the whole home schooling thing to actually do it.
Miss L is growing up WAY WAY WAY too fast!!!! I know I have said it before and I will say it again, but I just cannot believe how fast the last 10 months have gone:( We have "caught" L on several occasions standing on her own, without holding onto anything. It won't be long and little little baby girl will be taking steps and walking:(
L loves being outside, we've gone to the park twice this week and she just loves it especially swinging either in the baby swing or in my lap she just squeals with delight and kicks her feet- it is so so cute. I know we are going to have lots of fun this summer!
In other news it's a"BIG" week in our town, we live in the "Derby City" so there is all kinds of fun activities going on all around the town, and of course this Saturday is the big race for those of you who don't know what I am talking about it is the Ky Derby- horse race. I have been to the race once in my life, when I was in college, I did the infield thing which is quite the experience!!! SO so much fun, if you are young:) However I have no desire to do the infield thing again, I do however desire to one day go to the Derby  in style! All dressed up, with a fancy Derby hat etc.. I have several friends and family members who go to the Oaks (the run for the fillies the day before the Derby- tomorrow) as well as the Derby- I love seeing all their pictures and hearing all about it. The town is "electric" it is so neat to live and be here for the Derby, all the festivities- the parade, balloon race and glows, marathon, the boat race, the fireworks, the parties I could go on and on there are too many to name. Hubby isn't much on crowds so unfortunately we don't do much, I have taken the kiddos for what they call the parade preview day where you can see the floats up close and personal etc.; a couple of years we have gone to the festival kickoff with the air show and fireworks- worlds largest fireworks display! and we watch the parade and boat race on television. I also watch the races both Oaks and Derby day on television and pick my horses for each race and occasionally we will bet on the Derby and or the Oaks- just good fun. Anyhoo enough about that, just wondering do any of you all out there reading know what I am talking about, and if so do you watch the race? Just curious:)
Hope you all have a great rest of the week, a great weekend and a HAPPY Derby Day;)

No comments:

Post a Comment