Friday, May 10, 2013

When it rains it pours or so it seems lately!!!

It's been quite a week!!! My father-in-laws visitation was Tuesday afternoon and evening. I arranged for my cousin to pick the older two kiddos up from school till my mom could get off work to take care of them. However we took L with us, which means she got about an hour nap all day on the ride there, not good! Then I spent from 3pm-8pm (the length of the visitation) chasing after L. I had taken coloring books, crayons, books, a few toys, and the tablet to keep her entertained. Well the only thing she was interested in was the tablet and that lasted about 15 minutes. Thankfully I also packed all kinds of snacks, and her drink because there was no food there (I'm used to my families visitations where there is a lounge, and family/ friends bring food etc ...). My parents brought the older two kiddos about 7:15/7:30 and then took all three kiddos home to get them in bed etc.. By the time we left the funeral home it hurt to walk because my feet and legs were swollen, I had a blister on my heal;  I was exhausted and hungry! The next day I was up early 5:30 to get myself ready before getting the kids ready for school and L to my mom's for the day so that hubby and I could go to the funeral. It was another long , emotional day.
Yesterday I had my weekly ultrasound and OB appointment, Hubby was off work (he took the week) and watched L for me. The doctors appointment took FOREVER!!!! I was scheduled for a 10:30 ultrasound and 11:00 doctor appointment. I did not get out of the doctors office till 1:05!!! I sat for an hour and 45 minutes without having anything done! Finally after being shuffled here and there I had my ultrasound, baby girl is doing well however there has been no change in the placental mass or mystery as they like to call it- which is good it hasn't grown but bad that its still there, hasn't shrunk and they don't know what it is. The doc basically said its a mystery, he will feel better about things the closer we get to my due date and he's still hopeful that it will shrink/ disappear?! He also wants me to go ahead and have my consult with the anesthesiologist in case I have to deliver early etc.. So I'm waiting for a call to set that up and I go back next Thursday for my next ultrasound and doctors appointment.
I hurried home bc Hubby needed to go to his hometown to help his mom take care of things etc... He goes to get in his car and it won't start!!! UGH, are you kidding me?! Well this hit hubby hard because whenever he had car issues the first person he called was his dad and he couldn't:( So I called my brother who came over after work, jumped the car, got it started and thankfully it turned out to just be the battery. Last night I worked with M till 9pm on a report that's due today- I haven't been home the last few nights to help her etc so of course it got put off till the last minute but she got it done. I wanted to go to bed early but it didn't happen I was just getting into a good sleep when I heard one of the kiddos crying, it was H. H had diarrhea, OMG it was nasty and it was everywhere. He was crying and all upset- the bathroom is right across the hall from L's room so it woke her up, hubby took her in our room and they went back to sleep while I was left to clean H and the mess up. Thankfully H went back to bed and had no more issues the rest of the night, and had been fine today.
Today was suppose to be "catch up" day, hubby went to his hometown again to help his mom out and I had some errands to run, laundry to catch up on etc... But of course nothing goes as planned, L was in one of her "moods" and throwing tantrums so errands were out, not to mention the weather was horrible- heavy rains so the only thing I've managed to get accomplished is laundry. So on tomorrow's list of things to do is H's tball game, Mother's Day shopping, shopping for my niece's birthday which is tomorrow and all this with 3 kiddos in tow because hubby is going to the gym in the morning and his hometown in the afternoon. Whew it's been quite the week! I could really use some "me" time! But prayers and positive thoughts are what I need more, and I appreciate all those who are doing so:)
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!! I remember the painful Mother's Days without kiddos or kiddos with angel wings,  all of you are in my thoughts and prayers especially this Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry! I had to re-read your last post because I didn't realize your father in law had died. I thought he had been hospitalized. Please extend my condolences to your husband.
    Things can only get better from here. Here's a verse for you...surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23