Monday, April 29, 2013

29 weeks, latest doctor appointment and ultrasound

I had another ultrasound this afternoon, it was great to see my little girl on the screen again but it was unsettling news. My OB came into the ultrasound room and he said placental lakes are common during pregnancy however they aren't sure if what I have is a placental lake, the doctor has never seen anything like it before (I forget how long he has been practicing but he is older, so for some time and he's never seen anything like it!)He called me unusual, well let me tell you something I'm sick of being "unusual"!!! He took last weeks ultrasound pictures to another high risk OB practice in the same bldg and they too weren't sure what to make of it, they have not seen anything like it either. So there is nothing they can do, other than monitor me/ baby closely. So for now I have weekly ultrasound and doctor appointments where they will measure the baby's heart rate, movement, blood flow through cord and fluid around baby etc... If I don't feel the baby move then I'm to call them. The doctor did day they are thinking that it may be a clot (blood clot) attached to the placenta, however it has grown and it is large- 16cm! Right now our little one has room to move but not a lot. The doctor said keep our fingers crossed and a lot of praying. Not that I want her to be premature but I'm so scared I just wish that they would deliver her so I know she is okay! I don't have another ultrasound/ doctors appointment till next Thursday, that seems so long away!!!
With all of this news, and being at my appointment by myself I completely forgot to mention to the doctor the rash on my lower legs- I know you would think with the itchiness etc I would remember but I completely forgot!

2 comments:

  1. Tears are welling up in my eyes. I am so sorry that you are having such difficulties. We all 'fight' for our children, but you are really battling! This is a special little girl- for sure! Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Ephesians 6:10.
    I saw this on Facebook yesterday...Only God can turn a mess into a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph, and a victim into a victory.
    It's a catchy little phrase, but it's very true. I know you're scared and worried, that's understandable, but just know that God is there with you. Trust Him to do the impossible! Much love~ Krisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been through so much! Praying for you and your sweet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete