Monday, June 4, 2012

not exactly what I expected

Well last Thursday was my 37th birthday (gosh I am getting old, funny thing is I don't feel it, guess that is a good thing:) and the day didn't go quite like I thought it would. The morning started off okay just handing out with my kiddos, we didn't have much planned for the day. Thankfully the weather was nice most of the day so I decided to take the kiddos to the park for some fun. I let my kiddos choose which park we were going to and we had a great time.
I got all kinds of birthday wishes on fb, several phone calls wishing me happy birthday we well. The rest of the day went well like a normal day lunch, laundry, baths etc... My parents had planned on taking me and the kiddos out to dinner for my birthday (hubby is working out of town during the week) however we got some storms right around dinner time so I decided not to go out to dinner- didn't want to have to drag the kiddos out in the rain etc... So before the storms hit my parents stopped by for a short visit and to bring me a cake:)
So my birthday was okay for one exception, my husband. I got a text from him in the morning- nothing about my birthday all about his work day. Not till 3:30 in the afternoon did a get a TEXT! yes a TEXT that said "Happy Birthday!". I am assuming that, he was on his lunch break checking fb saw that it was my birthday but even if he didn't it still hurts that he didn't say happy birthday till the afternoon and then he did it in a text! And that is ALL I got for my birthday from him. I was crushed I really cannot believe that he didn't call and say or singing happy birthday, no card, no flowers nothing. I know that he has never been very good at romantic but he has at least put some effort forward. I cannot explain the hurt, it is almost as if he doesn't care?!
My parents took us out last night for my birthday, it was my parents, me the kiddos and hubby; unfortunately my brother and his family couldn't make it. I did have a good dinner and a good time. All in all I had a great day with my kiddos for my birthday and I remember many a birthday that I didn't even want to celebrate when we were going through infertility treatments etc... so to be able to celebrate with my 3 beautiful kiddos was very very special. I just wish I knew why my husband didn't "celebrate" my special day with me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you expected it to. I've come to realize (with my hubby anyway), little hints don't work. You have to tell him exactly what you expect! Ha!

    ReplyDelete