Thursday, February 3, 2011

Majority says and a new recipe!

Today is my doctors appointment and ultrasound, I am of course nervous, hoping and praying all is well with our little one! Once I know all is well I will be THRILLED to see my little one on the screen and of course curious to find out what we are having:)  All the polls that I posted (on my blogs and face.bk) the majority is guessing girl; I am still thinking boy however in the last week or so I have had a dream that it is a girl and have been thinking more girl (but I am sticking with the thought it is a boy). We will be THRILLED no matter what, we just want a healthy baby and momma:)
Changing the subject I have been trying to find some new recipes because it seems we eat the same stuff over and over:(   UGH!!! I know a couple of blogs have made new year's resolutions to try a new recipe a month which I LOVE because it helps me out- LOL! I have tried a couple of those recipes with some success. I did find a recipe that we LOVE and it is super easy:) This recipe was a hit with myself, my hubby and my son (my daughter is BEYOND picky and I knew she wouldn't even try it!). So without further ado:
Chicken Taco Soup 
ingredients:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken cooked and shredded (I bought the chicken strips that are already cooked (that they recommend for salads, wraps etc...)and are in the meat case of your local grocery. SO much easier!)
2 cups cooked kidney beans (I used 2 cans of kidney beans)

2 cups prepared salsa

6 cups chicken stock (I used the reduced/ low sodium kind)

1 packet of taco seasoning (I use the reduced sodium kind)

1 can of corn (optional, I added this because I thought it needed something)

shredded cheese (optional)

sour cream (optional)

tortilla chips

I cooked the kidney beans for about 10 minutes on the stove, stirring often. I then put the chicken stock, salsa, kidney beans, corn and taco seasoning in a large pot on medium heat. Then I cut up the chicken strips and added those to the soup. I let the soup cook for a couple of hours because I think it helps the flavors integrate etc... once the soup got heated up I turned the heat down low.
When I served the soup I crushed up tortilla chips in the soup, sprinkled shredded cheese over it and added a little sour cream- YUMMO!!!!!

Let me know if any of you try this recipe and what you think of it:) Hope you and your fam enjoy it as much as my family did!

No comments:

Post a Comment