Friday, March 8, 2013

Call from my doc and fetal echo

This week has been busy with doctors appointments!!! I ended up calling my OB's office and talking to his nurse on Wed. she too wasn't sure what was ment as a bulky and lakey placenta- which made me more nervous, however she was going to have my regular high risk OB call me. The doctor called me back yesterday morning on my way to the fetal echo. The doctor said, this sometimes happens and can restrict the baby's growth in which case they would do more ultrasounds to monitor the baby's growth however that is clearly not the case with our baby (I think his nice way of saying we have a large baby- lol!). He said it is nothing to be concerned about:)
As I mentioned I was on my way to the fetal echo, I had that done yesterday (Thursday). I have to have that done for a couple of reasons, one being I have a congenital heart defect so there is a slight (3%) risk that our baby will have a heart issue; and second, since I'm diabetic. L was with me and did awesome, looking at her books, coloring, and eating her goldfish. The fetal echo went okay, for the most part the baby's heart looks good, it does appear she has a small VSD (ventricular septal defect), a hole in her heart. I too have a small hole in my heart that has been there since birth. Now there is a chance her hole will close up between now and birth. When she is born she will need to have an echo to see if it is still there etc... So another "wait and see". Yes I wanted them to say her heart is perfect, but this is so minor, I'm not worrying.
Next week I go to my cardiologist, for a check-up, an echo on myself and an EKG- praying all is well!
This weekend we are putting H's new (finally!!) big boy bed together. Yes he is 5.5 yrs old and we are finally getting him out of his toddler bed- lol!! L is inheriting the toddler bed, so we are going to start working on that transition, because EK will get L's baby crib. So we will be busy putting beds together and rearranging everything. When I say we, I mean hubby with my supervision:) LOL! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment