Tuesday, January 8, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Yes I know that it is 8 days into the new year however this is one busy momma!!! M started back to school last Wednesday:( and H started back to school yesterday:(  Christmas break was too short and went by way too fast. I am going to try and update on all the happenings since my last post:)
We told the kiddos the Saturday night before Christmas. We had a cute idea to have the kiddos pose in front of the Christmas tree and instead of saying "cheese" I said "mommy is going to have a baby". Well they said exactly what I said and then smiled not really realizing what was said, after repeating it several times and saying "no, really we are having a baby!" M finally got it! But H did not believe us saying "they are tricking us!" LOL!!! Both M and H are super excited, H went running around the house screaming he is going to have a brother- um  don't know yet! He just knows that it is going to be a boy and we are going to name him Finn.
Next it was time to tell the family. We told hubby's side of the family at their Christmas celebration the next day, unbeknown to me hubby had already told his dad (I wasn't too happy that a. he had already told him and b. he didn't tell me he had told them), the family minus his parents seemed happy for us, his parents don't show emotion- don't know how to explain it, it is just weird to me.
Then Christmas eve and Christmas day we shared with my family and they were quite surprised and excited for us.
Finally we "let the world know" aka facebook, we took a picture of the kiddos M holding a 1 sign, H holding a 2 sign, L holding a 3 sign and me holding a 4 sign with an arrow pointing to my belly. Needless to say the picture was a hit:) So now most everyone knows, the funny thing is, it still hasn't sunk in quite yet for me.
We had a good Christmas, I love Christmas with kiddos and experiencing the season through them. I think my favorite day is Christmas because it is such a laid back day, we get up with the kiddos, my parents come over, watch the kiddos open their presents, have breakfast together- sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and just enjoy one another. Then late in the afternoon we go over to my parents for Christmas with my mom's side of the family.
New Year, was nice a quiet, we stayed in just us and even went to bed early- I was tired and knew I wouldn't make it to midnight! I was in bed by 10:30. We are excited about the new year and what it hold for our family- so many changes ahead and fun times!!! I hope you and your family have a very Happy and Blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment