Monday, September 17, 2012

7 Years ago....

7 years ago this past Sunday we were blessed with the most amazing gift- our daughter M. I cannot believe that she is already 7 years old, where has the time gone?! She is truly an amazing young lady with a heart of gold, very caring, loving, smart, the best big sissy to her brother and sister,and beautiful inside and out.
M had a pretty amazing birthday, we celebrated with dinner out several nights, a small get together with my family (mom, dad, brother and his family) and a skate/ Bi.ebe.r party this past weekend with all her friends at the local skating rink- thank goodness I could go out on the floor without skates on :) She decided on a skate party without ever roller skated before- but she did awesome and had a good time. The party was 3 hours so by the end she was pretty tired (that morning she had had 2.5 hours of gymnastics!). H even got on on roller skates and did awesome- after about 10 minutes of my help he was skating on his own:)
She got just about everything she asked for including the Amer. girl doll of the year- Mc.K.enn.a who is a gymnast. H got her a green light saber she had asked for- LOL yes my girly girl asked for a light saber! Everything else she got was pretty girly- clothes. jewelry, purses, J.B. singing toothbrush!! LOL!
I wasn't quite prepared at the age of 7 for my daughter to have sooo many questions about her birth parents already- they mainly center around what they look like (I really really wish I had a picture of them to show her!!! however I did find them on fb so the next time she asks I can show her), when can she meet them etc... I have to admit it isn't easy to talk to her about, don't get me wrong I am forever grateful for their precious gift and I knew this day would come I guess just not yet. I answer her as truthfully as I can with as much information as I can- which is actually limited even though we had an open adoption and live in the same city.

No comments:

Post a Comment